Sometimes, you are out of office and can’t deal with the emails in time. In this case, you might want to let people know why you're not responding to their emails even though you have received the emails. You can set out of office (auto reply) in Outlook as follows.
Automatically forward every received email to the specified recipient in Outlook when out of office
When out of office, apart from automatically reply received emails in Outlook, you may also need to forward received emails to your colleagues automatically. Kutools for Outlook's (Automatic) Forward feature can help you set a rule to automatically forward all received emails, or automatically forward some received emails meeting specific criteria in Outlook easily. See screenshot:
Go to Download
Free Trial 60 daysPurchase
PayPal / MyCommerce
Kutools for Outlook simplifies your daily email communication through Outlook by adding dozens of handy features. Read More Free Download Now
Kutools for Outlook: 20+ New Advanced Tools for Outlook.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013 and 2016.
Set out of office with Out of Office Assistant with Exchange Account
If you are using an Exchange account, you can auto reply a specified message for the received emails with setting the Out of Office Assistant while you are away. Please do as follows:
1. Click File button in the upper-left corner in outlook 2010, and click Info > Automatic Replies, see screenshot:
Note: If you do not see this Automatic Replies option, your outlook have not connected to an Exchange Server.
2. In the Automatic Replies dialog box, select the Send automatic replies:
- (1.) Check the Only send during this time range, and then specify the Start time and End time you need to auto reply the message.
- (2.) Then type your message at the space box.
3. If you want to send auto-reply message to external senders, click on the Outside My Organization tab and check the Auto-reply to people outside my organization option. See screenshot:
4. Click OK to activate the out of office message.
Set out of office with Manage Rules & Alerts function
If your outlook haven’t connected to an Exchange Server, the above method will not work. In this situation, the Manage Rules & Alerts function of Outlook can help you to set out of office auto reply as following steps:
1. Click Home > New E-mail to create a new message, type the subject and message as you need. See screenshot:
2. Then click File > Save As, choose a folder to put the message, and then click Save as type drop down list, and select Outlook Template.
3. And then click Save to save the message.
4. Then click Home > Rules > Manage Rules & Alerts, see screenshot:
5. In the Rules and Alerts wizard, click E-mail Rules tab, and select the email account that you want to apply the out of office setting from Apply changes to this folder, and then click New Rule.
6. In the Rules Wizard, click Apply rule on message I receive from the Start from a blank rule section.
7. Click Next button, check sent only to me from Which conditions do you want to check?
8. Go on clicking Next:
- (1.) Check reply using a specific template from What do you want to do with the message?
- (2.) Then click a specific template hyperlink in the Edit the rule description section.
- (3.) And a Select a Reply Template dialog box will appear, select User Templates in File System from Look in drop down list, and then click Browse button to choose the folder that you put the auto-reply message, and the message you created just now have been inserted. Then click Open to finish this step, see screenshots:
9. Go on Next, in this Are there any exceptions step, you needn’t check any item.
10. And click Next, enter a name for the rule in Step1 section, and specify the rule options as you need in Step2 section.
11. And then click Finish button to finish setting this auto reply rule. And when you receive some emails next time, the Outlook will reply them automatically at once.
Set out of office with Kutools for Outlook
The above method is somewhat troublesome and tedious for you to set them step by step. But here I will introduce you an easy and handy way to set out of office quickly and conveniently in Outlook.
Kutools for Outlook - With more than 20 handy Outlook add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 45 days
Go to Download
1. Click Kutools > Reply > Enable Auto Reply to active this utility.
2. Get into the Auto Reply Manager by clicking Kutools > Reply > Auto Reply Manager. Check the Account Name that you want to apply this function, and click the OK button. You can also edit the subject and auto reply text as your need. See screenshots:
And now the auto reply setting has been successfully set up. Tip: Once closing the Outlook application the Auto Reply feature will stop working.
Click to download Kutools for Outlook, 45-days no limitation free trial!
20+ Powerful Tools and Features for Outlook 2010 / 2013 / 2016 / Office 365:
Compatible with Outlook 2010 / 2013 / 2016 / Office 365 (32/64);
Compatible with Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 / 8 / 10, Windows Server 2003/2008, Citrix System and Windows Terminal (Remote Desktop) Server;
Free trial without feature limitation in 45 days!
READ MORE | FREE DOWNLOAD | BUY NOW
MIUI Device Team Tweaked Mi Band English Version - 1 List of speech recognition software - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia