| || This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it(see how) or discuss these issues on the talk page. |
Nitro Software, Inc. develops commercial software used to create, edit, sign, and secure Portable Document Format (PDF) files and digital documents. The Nitro ecosystem consists of Nitro Pro, Nitro Cloud, Nitro Reader, and a suite of document conversion sites.
Nitro’s product family is intended for the professional market and although its desktop products are Windows-only, Nitro Cloud is compatible with any web browser on any machine. Nitro Pro is proprietary trialware, while Nitro Reader is freeware for both personal and professional use.
- 1 Nitro Pro
- 2 Nitro Reader
- 3 Nitro Cloud
- 4 System requirements
- 5 See also
- 6 References
- 7 External links
Nitro Pro (previously Nitro PDF Professional) is a desktop product that offers full PDF creation and editing capabilities.
Some of the key features include:
- Disables Adobe products once installed.
- Lets you edit text, graphics, and the page arrangement.
- Lets you modify text and graphics properties.
- Converts PDF files to Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel, JPEG (at a select DPI), PNG, TIFF or text files.
- Viewing, creating and printing PDF files
- Reviewing, commenting and adding markups to PDF documents
- Creating and filling PDF forms
- Converting paper-based files to searchable and editable PDF documents with OCR
- QuickSign allows the user to scan a copy of their signature to stamp into any PDF documents
- Nitro Cloud integration gives the user the ability to start collaboration, signing, and sharing workflows directly in the cloud.
|Nitro Pro 10||Oct 2014||New features: Cloud, Batch Process, PDF/A|
|Nitro Pro 9||Sep 2013||New features: Compare, Measurement Tools, Spellcheck, Batch Print, Whiteout, Outlook Plugin, Nitro Cloud Integration|
|Nitro Pro 8||Sep 2012||New features: Type Text Smart Alignment, Automatic OCR during conversion, Auto Recovery, Scanned Document Detection, Autonomy WorkSite Integration, In-Application Purchasing|
|Nitro Pro 7||Nov 2011||New features: Redesigned user interface, Secure Redaction of text, DMS integration, Support for showing/hiding, Thumbnail Handler, Preview Handler, Updated Nitro Renderer, Type Text tool, Web Browser integration, Stamp Signature, Edit tool, Enterprise Deployment Utility, Comments Pane, Full Screen Facing Pages, File menu Save As Flattened PDF, View preferences, Page view zoom level, Document closing controls, Support items|
|Nitro PDF Professional 6.2.1||Mar 2011||New features: Conversion to multi-page TIFF, Evernote® plugin, 256-bit encryption|
|Nitro PDF Professional 5.5.1||Apr 2009||New features: x64 versions of Windows, replace text commenting tool, 'Show/hide field' action, Unicode fonts, Integration with Lotus Notes, Streamlined deployment|
Nitro Reader is a freeware version of Nitro Pro that allows users to view, create, sign and collaborate on PDF documents, without extraneous watermarks applied to the documents. Nitro Reader can also mark up documents and provide feedback, and stamp signatures directly onto a PDF (referred to as QuickSign). Ghostscript is not additionally needed.Version Date Description
|Nitro Reader 5||March 2016||Microsoft Office 2013 visual style, spellcheck available in all editable text fields, QuickSign support for webcam or touch display, and general performance and rendering enhancements (Aligns with Nitro Pro 10)|
|Nitro Reader 3||October 2012||Microsoft Office 2010 visual style, smart alignment visual guides, auto-recovery, scanned document detection, and browser plugin (Aligns with Nitro Pro 8)|
Nitro Cloud is a web-based document solution that allows users to convert, collaborate, and sign directly in the browser. Nitro Cloud is free to use for 5 documents a month.
In order to install and run Nitro Pro 10 on your computer, it must meet the following system requirements:
- Operating System: Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7 or Windows Vista. Nitro Pro 10 supports both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows. (Please note that Nitro Pro’s single user licenses are not compatible with server environments and are intended for desktop use only)
- Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster processor
- RAM: 512 MB system memory (1 GB recommended)
- Display: 1024x768 screen resolution or higher.
- Hard Disk Space: 300 MB of available hard disk space
- Microsoft Office 2007 or newer (required for Microsoft Office integrated features)
- List of PDF software
- ^ a b "Nitro Pro 10 Release Notes" (PDF). GoNitro. Nitro Software, Inc. 9 March 2016. Archived from the original (PDF) on 29 March 2016. Retrieved pDF Content Split 3.0 license key and patch 29 March 2016.
- ^ "Nitro Pro 9 Release Notes" (PDF). GoNitro. Nitro Software, Inc. 9 March 2016. Archived from the original (PDF) on 29 March 2016. Retrieved 29 March 2016.
- ^ "Nitro Pro 8 Release Notes" (PDF). GoNitro. Nitro Software, Inc. 18 November 2013. Archived from the original (PDF) on 26 November 2013. Retrieved 29 March 2016.
- ^ "Nitro Pro 7 Release Notes" (PDF). GoNitro. Nitro Software, Inc. 29 August 2012. Archived from the original (PDF) on 14 December 2013. Retrieved 29 March 2016.
- ^ "Nitro PDF Professional 6.2.1 Release Notes" (PDF). GoNitro. Nitro Software, Inc. 21 March 2011. Archived from the original (PDF) on 14 December 2013. Retrieved 29 March 2016.
- ^ "Nitro PDF Professional 5.5.1 Release Notes" (PDF). GoNitro. Nitro Software, Inc. 4 March 2009. Archived from the original (PDF) on 14 December 2013. Retrieved 29 March 2016.
- ^ "Nitro Reader 5 Release Notes". GoNitro. Nitro Software, Inc. 9 March 2016. Archived from the original on 29 March 2016. Retrieved 29 March 2016.
- ^ "Nitro Reader 3 Release Notes" (PDF). GoNitro. Nitro Software, Inc. 18 June 2013. Archived from the original (PDF) on 1 July 2013. Retrieved 29 March 2016.
- ^ "Nitro Pro 10 System Requirements for Single User Licenses". Nitro Pro Help. Nitro Software, Inc. 5 January 2016. Retrieved 29 March 2016.
- Official website
- Open PDF Specification version 1.6
- Nitro PDF Professional (32-bit) (Version 7) from CNET
- PDF Software Review
- Bridges: Newsletter of the Atlanta Association of Interpreters and Translators