smartSVN Professional 7.6 Registration code included SlideShare Explore You
- smartSVN Professional 7.6 Registration code included
Loading in …5
Like this document? Why not share!
Be the first to like this
No notes for slide
- 2. [Note: This resume is CONFIDENTIAL and is not to be distributed to any outside party.] Paul_Fry_Resume_2015.docx Page: 2 9/23/2015 Supported and trained users in system functionality. Wrote work instructions for data entry and business process integration. Managed user security, permissions and Report Style access. Imported table data from Fourth Shift ERP into Epicor using standard import functionality. Developed custom business queries and dashboards. Added company‐defined fields to standard tables and to Crystal Report output forms. Customized standard reports using Crystal Reports, saved as default company‐defined Report Styles. PROGRESS TO MICROSOFT .NET MIGRATION PROJECT – Performed programming, analysis and support services for large staffing company with a Progress‐based legacy contacts system while migrating major functions to newer system developed using Visual Basic .NET and SQL Server 2008 R2. Defined SQL views to enable Linked Server access to Progress DB in SQL Server environment. Wrote VB.NET classes to mimic legacy Progress code functionality. Performed all necessary programming, database development and database administration for Progress systems. (Jun 14‐Jan 15) PROGRAMMING SUPPORT FOR IN‐HOUSE SYSTEM – OpenEdge ABL Programmer for large, privately‐held food service company with billion annual sales. (Jan 14‐Jun 14) Made modifications to client’s in‐house developed Progress‐based enterprise management system based on business user requirements and change requests. Followed client’s SDLC methodology to make changes needed by the business. Worked on a team revamping and expanding the membership‐based loyalty system. Performed extensive data analysis and coding for name‐field reformatting. Developed interface programs to integrate enterprise middleware system to in‐house and third‐ party applications, e.g., Product Lifecycle Management System (PLMS), Exact Target (Salesforce’s email Marketing System). MIGRATION TO QAD ON‐DEMAND – Served as tech consultant to aid in a migration from a legacy QAD system to a hosted solution on QAD’s On‐demand Linux servers (cloud solution). (Dec 13‐Jan 14) Selected, configured and implemented check printing solution utilizing MindGate PrintChef system. Features included job splitting between two printers, full MICR compatibility and auto signature. Reapplied custom programs using new environment. Improved processes which necessitated user FTP interaction and replaced with Samba drive mapping. User support, documentation and training. DATABASE MIGRATIONS FROM CLOSING PLANT – Contracted by company to migrate ERP data from a closing plant into three other company sites. (Sep 13‐Nov 13) Worked as technical lead on three cross‐functional teams for each customer site. Migrated QAD eB2.1 data into another eB2.1 database and into two eB1 databases. Closing site was Canadian, receiving sites were American, so unit of measure conversion and currency conversion were both required for all cost and quantity fields. Developed comprehensive CIM load data creation programs to handle differences between all receiving sites. Loaded QAD CIM formatted data in to 40+ screens. SYSTEM MIGRATION AND SUPPORT/TRANSFER OF OWNERSHIP II – Contracted by buying firm to serve as UNIX system and database administrator. Was responsible for 8 servers. Transition projects and support duties assigned included the following: (Dec 11‐Aug 13) Migration of six UNIX servers (HP‐UX and AIX) to new network domain in new location. Achieved a seamless transition with minimal downtime. (Dec 11‐Feb 12) Consolidated original 8 servers down to 4 which greatly reduced maintenance costs. (Jan 13‐Aug 13) Hardware upgrade for ERP system and warehousing system from IBM 7026‐H70 to 7026‐6H1. Establish RAID‐10 system using SSA, planned full system migration. Advised on resource upgrades (OS level updates, RAM upgrades, etc.) (Dec 11‐Jun 12)
- 3. [Note: This resume is CONFIDENTIAL and is not to be distributed to any outside party.] Paul_Fry_Resume_2015.docx Page: 3 9/23/2015 Maintained all UNIX shell scripts and cron tables on HP and IBM hardware. Managed network traffic between servers using FTP and NFS protocols. Performed troubleshooting for EDI. (Dec 11‐Jun 12) Assessed needs for software, procured upgrades as necessary for new organization. Packages included: Oracle Enterprise Manager, Century TinyTERM, Sterling Gentran Mentor 6.1, and Progress Windows Client 8.3. (Jan 12‐Jun 12) Ongoing system administration for all AIX and HP‐UX systems. New user setup, communications with Windows servers, ODBC connections with new warehousing databases. (Dec 11‐May 13) Ongoing support and administration of eight Progress databases and two Oracle databases. Performed necessary database management, security, backup and maintenance functions. Worked with security manager and lead developer to achieve company IT goals. (Dec 11‐Feb 13) Consolidated AIX servers—replicated functionality on newer servers. Saved costs of service agreements; improved process performance, data security. (Jun 12‐Feb 13) Provided legacy ERP support during cut‐over from QAD to Infor XPPS system. Ensured smooth transition for data and processes and ongoing access to historical data in QAD ERP and RIMS warehousing databases. (Feb 13‐May 13). PROGRESS CONTRACT PROGRAMMER AND DBA – Contracted by a large firm to serve as Progress 10 Senior Programmer, Linux system and database administrator and QAD 2011 SE SME. (Jun 13‐Sep 13) Developed simple but comprehensive email automation framework for sending reports at scheduled times. Used the standard Linux crontab with tight integration to Progress and QAD. (Jul 13) Performed troubleshooting of faulty programs developed by a thrid party consulting firm. (Jul 13) Wrote and tested Linux scripts to automate database backups, database restore along with alert emails when functions are performed. Performed full restore of the production database on an auxiliary server and provided documentation for disaster recovery auditors. (Aug 13‐Sep 13) MATERIAL HANDLING SYSTEM RECONFIGURATION/TRANSFER OF OWNERSHIP I – Served on a diverse project team with the goal of providing a smooth transition of information systems during a change of ownership. Performed detailed analysis of a custom‐developed Progress‐based Material Handling, Data Collection and Warehouse Management System for beef production for a major Canadian producer which was in the process of purchasing a large production plant. Adapted applications to new business process and regulatory needs and facilitated network communications with the client’s IBM mainframe. (Sep 08‐Jun 13) Developed queuing system to integrate new case sealer system with old MH system. Ensured serial numbers and other values synchronized seamlessly. (Feb 13‐May 13) Made modifications to functionality of Material Handling System, added ability to extract inventory and shipping data in Excel format. Oversaw expansion of new manual and automatic scale configurations. Led effort to bring Progress database licenses up‐to‐date for maintenance purposes. Provide ongoing support of MHS, WMS and Data Collection system remotely, automating the adding of users, rebuilding indexes in database, monitoring performance, performing system administration and DBA functions. (Mar 09‐present) Designed robust background program to interface data from a Matrix system to accommodate roll‐ off of ID Station and Grade Scale operations onto a new Matrix system station. (Jul 10‐Aug 10) Modified messaging functionality to allow for larger weights to be sent to the mainframe system via SNA protocol. Worked with mainframe personnel to test and implement modifications smoothly. Documented functionality of Material Handling System and Data Collection in the client’s knowledgebase using Wiki‐based software. AXIOM ERP Programming Support – Worked on a team of Progress and Visual Basic programmers supporting a large multi‐site Axiom implementation for a major global steel manufacturer. (Jun 11‐Nov 11) Performed analysis and programming modifications to satisfy user specifications and business requirements. Programmed in Progress 4GL v9, Visual Basic and DOS scripting.
- 4. [Note: This resume is CONFIDENTIAL and is not to be distributed to any outside party.] Paul_Fry_Resume_2015.docx Page: 4 9/23/2015 Adhered to strict SDLC protocols, providing documentation at all steps. Participated in full day Disaster Recovery exercise. Designed and integrated Bank Reconciliation sub‐system into A/R module. Axiom Modules worked on: Shop Floor Control, EDI, A/R, Order Management, General Admin and Chemistry. Familiarity with all modules. ERP IMPLEMENTATION AND SUPPORT II – Served on the global implementation team for a major QAD eB2 user with over 30 manufacturing sites and significant custom modifications. Was assigned wide‐ranging duties, analytical, functional and technical (May 07‐Aug 08). Evaluated business forms software packages from four vendors and delivered report with recommendations. StreamServe Implementation: Implemented and supported for over 30 sites. Forms included Purchase Order, Delivery Note (Shipper), Invoice, Work Order and Sales Order Confirmation (Acknowledgement). o Provided universal printer accessibility via print server setup and Adobe PDF emailing functionality integrated with QAD user record email addresses. o Modified XML output from MFG/PRO to include selectable page codes and user emails. o Used extensive scripting to provide support for dual language documents (English/German) and double‐byte support for Chinese and Japanese character printing. o In addition to forms, added ability to send any QAD report as an Adobe PDF attachment to a specified email address. Allowed users to conserve printing supplies and print to non‐ network printers. CIM loaded data from centralized repository for new sites. Developed direct material cost extract to meet global raw material scheduling requirements. Designed and developed functional, flexible custom QAD security reports for audits. Utilized session trigger‐wrapper method to change functionality of customer part assignment in order entry. Added pop‐up for customer part selection based on values in the customer/part cross‐ reference table. Used session trigger logic for integration. ERP IMPLEMENTATION AND SUPPORT I – Served on a working committee which implemented MFG/PRO eB with customizations for an international multi‐site corporation. Responsibilities encompassed both technical and functional roles. After implementation, provided support and ongoing process and technical improvements (Oct 02‐Apr 07) Trained client’s users in both standard MFG/PRO functionality and customization for repair shop. Tested highly customized system against particular site’s requirements. Developed and implemented forms specification for Findings Report, FAA Certification (8130) and Invoice via StreamServe. Provided for specific document needs for sites in three countries. Designed a Production Routing form using StreamServe for a new aircraft engine component manufacturer in Singapore. Performed custom data conversions and loads for Product Configuration, Customized Routing Schemes, A/R, A/P, Vendor master and Global Tax Management using CIM functionality. Developed custom reports and performed troubleshooting for post‐implementation problems. Utilized systems change requests for full compliance with Sarbanes‐Oxley requirements. Developed, implemented and supported forms using StreamServe software for international standardized forms project. Oversaw development of external application interfaces using XML protocols with FTP transport. Created and maintained extensive, detailed procedural documentation defining standard user processes for native and customized MFG/PRO functionality. Provided ongoing administration and support including the following: new user setup and training, business process analysis, financial analysis, printer setup and troubleshooting, legacy system
- 5. [Note: This resume is CONFIDENTIAL and is not to be distributed to any outside party.] Paul_Fry_Resume_2015.docx Page: 5 9/23/2015 support (older version of MFG/PRO), system performance tracking, ad hoc report and spreadsheet creation, customer and business partner support for external B2B interfaces, internal interfaces to a StreamServe document processing application, a custom metrics system and a Cognos business intelligence application. QAD SUPPORT FOR SYSTEMS TRANSITION – Provided ERP Support for a company with a recent acquisition using QAD EA 2008. (Oct 11) Provided 8 to 5 QAD and StreamServe on‐call support. Added new company logos to StreamServe forms. Developed programs to pull data extracts for migration to Microsoft Dynamics NAV. PHYSICAL INVENTORY CUSTOMIZED FORMS DEVELOPMENT – Served as the IT support on a team with a new controller determined to improve inventory accuracy and the physical inventory‐taking process. This team achieved both goals and eliminated the need for temporary hires by using improved forms and faster, more precise reporting. (Original project: May 05, updated and improved: Oct 06) Developed user friendly, easy to read inventory tag forms via StreamServe forms development. Forms contained one section for WIP and one for finished goods. Developed “WIP Inventory Tag” program to print inventory tags for repair items in WIP, sorted by milestone to make them easier to locate on the shop floor. Modified MFG/PRO‐standard Finished Goods tag code to work with StreamServe tag form. StreamServe tag forms could be called by either tag generation program (Finished Goods or WIP.) Set up archive of tag forms so that any lost tags could be re‐printed immediately. Designed “Inventory Valuation” reports for accounting to determine “carcass costs” of repair items in the Asset Management site. STREAMSERVE FORMS DEVELOPMENT AND SUPPORT – Served as the StreamServe developer and ongoing support person for several firms: Performed migration from StreamServe version 3 to 5.6. Migrated project files and environment from Windows 2003 to 2010. (Aug 13‐Sep 13) Served as interim StreamServe support for major manufacturer and SAP user on a telecummiting basis. Setup native StreamServe PDF‐writer for invoice form. Added fuel surcharge, segregated from total freight per output. (Aug 05‐Sep 05). Ongoing StreamServe support for large firm, Oracle user. Added logo and address selection functionality based on corporation code. Cosmetic changes for readability. (Jun 07‐Jul 11) StreamServe work for two other firms mentioned in implementation and support I & II above. SOFTWARE PROJECT MANAGEMENT – In the following projects, consultant had the role of Project Manager or Project Lead: Virtual Printer system – Envisioned, developed, implemented a fully automatic Adobe Acrobat‐ based emailing system to work in lieu of printers with all QAD reports. The system is instantaneous and based on the account ID of the user submitting the report, therefore secure. System saves paper and toner cost and is crucial for traveling employees with immediate data needs. This was developed using StreamServe. (Jul 07‐Dec 07) Document tracking system – Saved client approximately ,000.00/year in document storage fees by designing a bar code system for critical documents. Required PCL‐based subsystem to implement effectively, designed also. (Feb 06‐Mar 06) Customer Field Tracking Sub‐system – Designed MFG/PRO application bolt‐on to capture specified repair field values per customer (e.g., Engine Serial, Warranty, Customer WO #, Sub‐customer PO, etc.). Fields were captured during quote entry for customer’s whose capture flag was set to YES for field values requested. (Sep 04)
- 6. [Note: This resume is CONFIDENTIAL and is not to be distributed to any outside party.] Paul_Fry_Resume_2015.docx Page: 6 9/23/2015 Integrated FAA Certification Project – Oversaw development of a repair certification system which pulls data directly from MFG/PRO work orders, requests more information from component inspectors and generates certifications via StreamServe for multiple aviation authorities (FAA, JAA, CAAC, etc.). Developed for use in three (3) countries. Provided ongoing support and enhancements for system. Used StreamServe forms generator for output. (Sep 03‐Feb 04) Internet Data Harvester System – Proposed designed and developed a Progress‐based system for client to automate information retrieval from internet sites. (May 03) Implementing this system reduced the amount of time to download data at least six‐fold and eliminated all errors. Client realized a direct monetary savings of over ,000.00/month. Features of system: Custom‐built to address client’s needs, multiple session capability (up to 5 simultaneous sessions per client computer), recognized and prevented duplicate data, output interface to Excel spreadsheet format. Payroll System Integration – Built a CIM interface in MFG/PRO eB to load data from client’s payroll system (PDS) reports. Interface included accounts and format error checking. Saved client between 6‐10 hours per month of controller’s and payroll department’s time. (Apr 03) Data Extract Project – Built a data extract interface which delivered information to client’s largest customer from MFG/PRO. Developed roll out plan for four (4) sites encompassing four (4) time zones in three (3) countries. System delivered exception report and was automated to send data at the close of each work day. System was later modified to also send XML files to a B2B site. (Jan 03‐ Mar 03) Six Sigma Initiative: DSO reduction – Problem: users were forgetting to send EDI Advanced Ship Notices to customers causing administrative errors and non‐payment. Worked with Sales Department and Six Sigma Black Belts to determine best way to increase accuracy in ASN delivery and streamline the user process and reducing Days Sales Outstanding. Led project to automate ASN documents (856) sent at time of shipment. Tested project and introduced to users. (Jun 02‐Aug 02) Database Audit Trail System – Managed project to design and develop a comprehensive Audit Trail system for table updates using database triggers in Progress V8. System tracked record creation, modification and deletion in specified tables recording user ID, date, time, current and former value of fields, etc. (Mar 02‐Jun 02) MFG/PRO 9.0 Upgrade – Led project to upgrade MFG/PRO from 7.4i to 9.0 SP4. Ported entire system from HP‐9000 box to an HP L1000 series. Tuned kernel on new box for Progress. Designed automatic UNIX FTP scripts and Progress code to aid in dump and reload process. Reapplied modifications (200+ programs). (Feb 02‐Jul 02) Miscellaneous ODBC – Administration and maintenance of ODBC for use with Crystal Reports, troubleshooting connections with Progress ODBC server process. (2000‐2001) JIT Initiatives – Worked with Engineering, Material Management, Purchasing, Operations and a contracted programmer to develop and implement application programs designed to increase productivity, efficiency and accuracy. Examples include: ASME Shop Traveler – To promote ASME standards, designed, developed and implemented a custom Shop Traveler system into MFG/PRO’s Work Order module using Optio DCS forms software. Created product bar‐code identification label and stocking label to output simultaneously on Zebra printers. (Apr 99‐Jun 99) Automatic Backflush – Developed an automatic backflushing and serial number bar code labeling system in MFG/PRO. Serial number entered is verified against open work orders for 100% accuracy. (Aug 99‐Sep 99) Automatic PO – Developed an automatic Kanban Purchase Order Faxing system in MFG/PRO using Optio DCS forms software and FaxFX. (Jun 99‐Aug 99) Estimation System – Led project to develop and implement a GUI‐based Estimation System in Progress V8. Was in charge of status meetings and testing sessions. Later managed project to
- 7. [Note: This resume is CONFIDENTIAL and is not to be distributed to any outside party.] Paul_Fry_Resume_2015.docx Page: 7 9/23/2015 upgrade to Progress V9 and roll out to 2nd division of Client Company. (Mar 99‐Oct 99) Built to client’s specification. Formulas adapted from client’s Excel spreadsheet models into modular Progress function calls. Screen flow built around engineer’s manual estimation processes to provide an intuitive user‐interface. Fully integrated with client’s Symix ERP system. Estimation system uses data from Symix tables (item, cost, work center, customer, etc.) as input and creates new items and product structures with costs in Symix from generated quotes. Set up maintainable parameter screens to control formulas for machine operations, materials, packaging options, user access, pricing categories and strategies. Template‐driven for rapid development of quotes and delivery of quote letter. Wrote documentation for system detailing the configuration, features and functionality of Estimation System how it interfaced with the client’s ERP system. Modified original quoting system allowing calls by client’s new ERP system, MS Dynamics AX. Set up interface between SQL database and Progress ABL using COM objects within the updated code. Database connections were achieved “on the fly” within the code. (Oct 08‐Jan 09) SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT (Other) – In the following projects consultant had the role of lead developer or was a member of a team of developers: Document Archiving Program – Goal was to increase speed and efficiency in the filing and retrieval of automatically generated Adobe Acrobat documents. Developed Progress program to manage large folders of archival documents: Invoices, Certification and Findings Reports. Program archives by date and type into specific sub‐folders. Program utilized Progress UNIX directory object model. (Feb 07‐Mar 07) Municipal Permit Tracking System – Developed and debugged maintenance and inquiry screens for Progress‐based permit tracking system in a major US city. (Aug 02) Analysis and Testing – (Team member) Performed tasks related to analyzing processes and testing modifications and solutions. Became proficient with all forms of testing including regression testing. Proposed creative solutions to long‐standing problems such as reducing DSO, reducing purchasing administrative lead‐time and increasing accuracy and timeliness in EDI ASNs. (Jun 02‐Aug 02) Service Charge Invoice System ‐ (Lead) Designed, developed and implemented a fully integrated “service charge invoice” sub‐system in MFG/PRO whose function was to break out service charges from sales orders into separate invoices. (Dec 01‐Feb 02) Receipt “Roll‐up” System – (Team member) To correct sample size calculations within the QA system, developed an inventory receipt rollup processing module to combine separate stock receipts from a warehouse management system (Robocom RIMS) into QAD ERP. (Jul 01‐Sep 01) Data Collection – (Team member) Modified and debugged a three‐processor client‐server Data Collection system utilizing an Intel‐based controller connected to the production machine and the Progress Windows client. (Apr 96‐Jun 96) Order Entry System – (Lead) Designed, developed and implemented a GUI‐based Customer Order Entry System in Progress V7, which was integrated into the client’s Symix ERP system. (95‐96) EDI Integration – (Lead) Developed and integrated EDI software into Symix ERP system for transmission and receipt of Purchase Order documents, Customer Orders, Invoices, ASNs and Motor Carrier Information to multiple trading partners. (94‐95) Staffing System Support – Acted as support and development programmer in charge of maintaining custom Progress‐based candidate search and contact system. Worked on project to migrate app to Visual Basic .NET‐based app. (Jul 14‐Aug 14) APPLICATION MODIFICATIONS AND REPORTS Modified many MFG/PRO financial reports to import directly into Excel cutting down time for the accounting department. Made modifications to Trinary EDI package interfaced with MFG/PRO.
- 9. [Note: This resume is CONFIDENTIAL and is not to be distributed to any outside party.] Paul_Fry_Resume_2015.docx Page: 9 9/23/2015 TRAINING RECEIVED AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS Progress ProDataSets (November 2004), Syteline/Frontstep: eSyte, eCRM, Workflow (Summer 2000), Progress Tuning Seminar (Jun 1999), QAD MFG/PRO Product Training (July 1998), Progress Fundamentals (July 1990), NCR UNIX Basics (Summer 1989). Recruited personnel for clients’ projects and on‐going infrastructure needs. Technical advisor to investment firms via Gerson Lehrman Group. Member of APICS. Achieved CPIM certification in 2002. Associate Member of the Midwest MFG/PRO User Group. Can travel internationally; passport is current.
Coaching and Developing Employees
Sales Skills Fundamentals
Christoph scheibner english profile
JK Technosoft Profile
Paul Fry Project Resume
Partial Client List
Why Kids Are Key to Healthcare
LinkedIn Corporation © 2016
Public clipboards featuring this slide
No public clipboards found for this slide
Select another clipboard×
Looks like you’ve clipped this slide to already.
Create a clipboard
You just clipped your first slide!Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later. Now customize the name of a clipboard to store your clips.