Omniknight - Dota 2 Wiki
Korean War Educator: Marty O'Brien's Casualty Book
Planet SysAdmin - System Administration, Information
Purist Thunderwrath the Omniknight is a melee strength hero who is renowned for his ability to protect his allies, preventing the enemy from easily killing them. A holy and courageous hero, Omniknight is an adept support whose powerful spells give his team strong early-game survivability. He possesses a strong healing ability in Purification, which can instantly heal the targeted ally and, if there are nearby enemies, deal pure damage in the same amount, allowing it to be used as a nuke. He is also capable of providing spell immunity to allies in the form of Repel, a basic ability that prevents himself or allies from being affected by most enemy spells. His passive ability, Degen Aura, can greatly slow the movement and attack speed of enemies, preventing them from easily using their physical attacks to deal damage. And finally, his ultimate, Guardian Angel, can provide complete immunity against physical damage to all nearby allies, completely nullifying the damage output of most carries for a short time. Few can escape the mighty and heavenly power of the Omniknight and he is a powerful ally in team fights. He is a mighty tank, and one of the most difficult heroes to kill.
- 1 Bio
- 2 Gameplay
- 3 Abilities
- 4 Recommended items
- 5 Counters
- 6 Equipment
- 7 Tips
- 8 Trivia
- 9 Update history
- 10 Balance changelog
- 11 Gallery
- 12 See also
Ability Affects Damage
|Instantly heals a friendly unit and damages all nearby enemy units.|
Cast Animation: 0.25+1.33
Cast Range: 700
Damage Radius: 260
- The targeting reticule must be centered over an allied unit.
- Despite the visual effects, the damage is applied instantly to all enemy units within range of the target.
|Creates a divine barrier around a target unit which grants them Spell Immunity and 100% resistance to Magic Damage.|
Cast Animation: 0.5+1.07
Cast Range: 500
- Applies a basic dispel on the target upon cast, following the same rules as any other dispel.
- Repelled units cannot be affected by Ghost Scepter or by Ethereal Blade. The buffs get removed immediately.
- Repelled units can always be targeted by Diffusal Blade and Purge, even though they cannot usually target spell immune units.
- It does not matter if the unit has a second source of spell immunity. If it has Repel, these two can target it.
- Repel also always gets dispelled by Fortune's End and Unstable Current, regardless of any other status.
- Can be cast on enemy units as well as allies.
|Greatly degenerates the movement and attack capabilities of enemy units that stray too near.|
Move Speed Slow: 10%/18%/26%/34%
Attack Speed Slow: 10/18/26/34
- The slow debuff lingers for 1 second after getting out of range.
|Omniknight summons a Guardian Angel that grants immunity from physical damage.|
Cast Animation: 0.5+1.07
Radius: 600 ( Global)
Duration: 6/7/8 ( 8/9/10)
- Affects all alied units, expect for wards, couriers, invulnerable and hidden units.
- Affects buildings only when upgraded with Aghanim's Scepter.
- Healing Salve and Tangoes are necessary for giving yourself flexibility when healing from enemy harass. Since Purification is so inefficient at low levels, you need a way to regenerate health without sacrificing your mana pool.
- Clarity potions greatly help you to maintain lane presence due to Omniknight's small mana pool and costly, spammable spells.
- Iron Branches should be taken to fill out any remaining inventory slots. Purchasing two of them allows you to either build a Magic Wand, or complete the two Mekansm components more readily.
- Ring of Protection can be helpful in making Omniknight even more durable in-lane by giving him even more armor. It can also be used to complete a Ring of Basilius by purchasing a Sage's Mask from the side shop.
- Boots of Speed are important on Omniknight as he can use them to take advantage of Degen Aura to slow enemies down, whether while pursuing during a gank or body-blocking chasing enemies attempting to kill your carry. As all of Omniknight's spells are very position-dependent, increasing his movement speed should be a major priority.
- Magic Stick is very useful on Omniknight due to his small mana pool. Having the ability to give yourself 150 mana can easily be the difference between being able to cast your spells or not.
- Ring of Basilius provides mana regeneration and armor to the lane, making things safer for Omniknight and his carry. The mana regen is especially useful as Omniknight's mana pool is particularly small in the laning stage. It can also be disassembled later on and the Sage's Mask recycled to build a Soul Ring.
- Soul Ring should be the first major item that Omniknight purchases, as its active ability is what allows him to cast Purification more than once every few minutes. By alleviating his mana dependencies, Omniknight can become much more active in teamfights and ganks.
- Arcane Boots increases the size of Omniknight's small mana pool, allowing him more frequent use of his mana-costly abilities. As well, the active ability allows him to replenish his and his team's mana pools, an essential duty for a support hero.
- Magic Wand gives Omniknight more stats for little gold, and allows him to replenish 255 health and mana instantly, enough to cast any his spells.
- Observer Wards are a general requirement on support heroes, as map vision is a basic key to victory.
- Town Portal Scrolls are necessary on Omniknight, as being able to teleport in to save a teammate from a gank with your spells is a major advantage that Omniknight can capitalize on greatly.
- Aghanim's Scepter not only gives useful stats, but increases the range of his ultimate to affect heroes and buildings globally, as well as increasing its duration. It is useful to purchase if your team needs to deal with split-pushers or you are having trouble getting close enough to apply the buff to all of your teammates in a fight.
- Mekansm provides Omniknight with a second source of healing, one that affects allies around him, and through spell immunity as well. Its all-around stats and bonus armor also help to increase Omniknight's tankiness, but make sure that your mana pool is large enough to support the use of Mekansm, as it is extremely costly in mana to use.
- Scythe of Vyse gives Omniknight nearly infinite mana regeneration and a hard disable, greatly increasing his teamfight contribution and his ability to gank targets.
- Shiva's Guard provides Omniknight with a great amount of armor for durability, and intelligence for increasing the size of his mana pool. Both the active and passive abilities stack with Degen Aura, allowing him to drastically impede enemies' attempts to attack and move around in teamfights.
- Boots of Travel give Omniknight great mobility around the map; he can either return to the base, or reach the front lines sooner. The extra movement speed allows him to get in position to utilize his abilities more easily, particularly Degen Aura, and it also frees up an inventory slot for another item.
- Vladmir's Offering is a useful all-around utility aura item to purchase. The armor, HP regen and mana regen aura benefit your team, and the lifesteal and attack damage bonus give them an extra edge.
- Drum of Endurance, besides giving all-around stats, further speeds Omniknight and his allies' movement and attack speed. The active charges can be used in conjunction with Degen Aura to further create a disparity in movement and attack speed between the respective teams.
- Sange and Yasha is not a typical item to pick up on Omniknight, however, it does provide some strong benefits. The bonus strength and agility give Omniknight more HP and armor, and the bonus movement speed gives him more mobility, which can allow him to get in position to cast spells or apply Degen Aura to enemies. As well, the Greater Maim, which has a greater proc chance due to the extra attack speed that the item gives to Omniknight, allows him to slow enemies down even further with his attacks.
- Heart of Tarrasque is an expensive luxury item, but can allow Omniknight to wade into the center of battles and cast spells to great effect. As Omniknight is already one of the most durable heroes in the game, increasing the size of his HP pool can make killing him a tremendous chore by the enemy team.
- Refresher Orb is a strong pickup as it can allow Omniknight to cast Guardian Angel twice, as well as use Purification and Repel in quick succession. However, refreshing your cooldowns is very costly in mana, so it is highly recommended to increase the size of your mana pool first if you intend on building this.
- Radiance is very hard to build, but can allow Omniknight to greatly hinder the enemy for as long as he remains alive in teamfights. As he can slow enemies down greatly with Degen Aura and is already quite hard to kill in fights, adding burn damage and more damaging right-clicks can turn him into a damage threat and not simply an inconvenience that prevents his teammates from falling in battle. As well, the burn aura induces a miss chance on all nearby enemies, reducing their ability to inflict physical damage even more.
- Guardian Greaves are a very strong item to purchase on Omniknight in the late game, as he often builds a Mekansm and Arcane Boots already. Combining the two items into one inventory slot frees up space for more items in the late game, eliminates Mekansm's mana cost and strengthens its aura even further. As well, the self-dispel can allow Omniknight to instantly remove debuffs from himself that may be preventing him from contributing effectively in teamfights.
Viper and Venomancer can easily harass Omni out of a lane with their ranged slows and poison damage.
- Shadow Demon is one of the few heroes with their own purge, his being in the form of Demonic Purge, and he can easily remove any buff Omniknight places to himself or his allies.
- Doom's ultimate, Doom, breaks through Repel's spell immunity, and silences Omniknight and keeps him from using items, rendering him completely useless for the duration. He can also chase down Omniknight with Scorched Earth. He may occasionally also be able to use the Satyr Banisher's Purge to remove the positive buffs himself. He also has the bulk to generally challenge Omniknight's attempts to retaliate with attacks.
- Silencer can harass Omni during the early stages with both Arcane Curse and Last Word, forcing Omni to either waste mana by casting Repel on himself or an ally lest either take damage or suffer from casting spells. Global Silence also pierces spell immunity, allowing Silencer to prevent Omniknight's attempts to assist his allies at whim. The Intelligence steal from Silencer can also cause Omniknight to falter in the early phases as it reduces his ability to use his spells.
- Invoker can use Tornado to dispel Guardian Angel to ensure that Invoker's team is able to kill enemies with ease. However, Invoker's Tornado cannot dispel Repel.
- Brewmaster's Storm unit from his ultimate, Primal Split allows Brewmaster to purge Guardian Angel from Omniknight's entire team with ease, completely negating his ultimate.
Lina may be considered, as her Aghanim's Scepter upgraded Laguna Blade pierces through Repel's spell immunity and Guardian Angel.
- Diffusal Blade's ability to purge a target of its buffs can become dangerous, as the effects of both Guardian Angel and Repel are both eliminated.
- Omniknight is a support hero who can protect his teammates from harm, healing them and providing them with powerful buffs that allow them to be very aggressive in the early game when neither team has a great amount of items or abilities. Unlike other supports, he remains relevant in the late game as his abilities lack the type of scaling that makes them irrelevant against farmed enemies.
- Because of his powerful abilities, Omniknight should be built for mobility and casting, as he requires good positioning and a sustainable mana supply in order to perform at his best. Due to his longer than normal cast animations, playing Omniknight well requires good positioning and planning ahead, as any hesitation can prevent him from getting his spells off in time.
- Due to his tanky nature, Omniknight is a good hero to build aura and teamfight items on, as he is less likely to die before casting his spells and his team is more likely to benefit from the auras for an extended duration. Aura items such as Drum of Endurance and Vladmir's Offering can benefit the team for longer, and active items like Mekansm, Pipe of Insight and Crimson Guard are more likely to have their abilities used before Omniknight dies.
- Despite his strong array of game-changing abilities, Omniknight also has some crucial weaknesses that smart enemies can exploit. Since he is a melee support, he is incapable of harassing enemy off-laners effectively, and in turn can be prevented from supporting his lane through enemy harass. As well, he possesses no hard disables in his kit, making him a poor initiator and ganker.
- Silences are one of Omniknight's greatest weaknesses past the laning stage, as he must be able to cast his abilities in order to impact teamfights. Pre-emptively casting Repel on yourself can prevent the enemy from disabling you, although good positioning also stops enemies from initiating on Omniknight.
- Beware that while Omniknight's spells are very strong and can change the course of teamfights, Repel and Guardian Angel can also be purged. This makes Diffusal Blade one of Omniknight's greatest weaknesses, since it renders one of his most powerful basic spells and his ultimate effectively useless. Also, dispels from spells such as Brewmaster's Storm unit's Dispel Magic, Invoker's Tornado, and items such as Eul's Scepter of Divinity are able to dispel Guardian Angel.
- Omniknight is generally played as a safe-lane support, but he can also be played as an off-laner.
- When played as a safe-lane support, Omniknight's goal is to protect his hard carry from enemy aggression. He can achieve this mainly through lane control by pulling creep waves, as well as stacking jungle camps for his carries to clear out later. If the enemy attempts to gank his lane, Omniknight can hinder their attempts at getting kills by casting Purification on the gank target, and Repel to prevent the enemy's disables from taking effect.
- As an off-laner, Omniknight has strong survivability since his abilities allow him to shrug off enemy gank attempts; he can heal himself and potentially damage the enemy with Purification, stop the enemy's disables from affecting him with Repel, and hinder their attempts to chase or attack him with Degen Aura. While he does not scale particularly well with farm, getting a large amount of early levels can allow him to contribute tremendously to teamfights, especially once he has his ultimate.
Purification is a very strong damage nuke and heal, capable of healing an ally and dealing the same amount in pure damage to all nearby enemies.
- Since it is Omniknight's primary healing and nuking spell, Purification is a strong spell to max out first. Healing allies for a large fraction of their health pool in the early game can give them a strong advantage during laning and early teamfights.
- Used offensively, Purification can be used as a damage nuke. Casting the spell on an ally who is engaging an enemy at melee range can cause up to a 720 HP difference shift between the two, often enough to completely change the situation in favor of your team.
- The target for Purification does not always have to be an allied hero. Used in-lane, Purification can be cast to gain last-hits, or to harass melee enemies by dealing pure damage to them as they attempt to last-hit. However, both abilities are best reserved for the off-lane as profligate nuking can push the creep wave towards the enemy tower.
- Keep in mind, at low levels Purification does not heal very much and costs a moderate amount of mana. Therefore, it is not recommended to use it solely for topping up a teammate during the laning phase after taking damage from enemy harass, but rather in dire situations where you want to save an ally from death, need a pure damage nuke to finish an enemy, or both at the same time.
- Remember that Purification cannot be cast on spell immune allies, so casting Repel first prevents you from healing them. If there is enough time, cast Purification on an ally first, then Repel.
- Purification has a faster cast time than Omniknight's other spells, requiring 0.25 seconds to cast instead of 0.5, and has a longer cast range than Repel. It should be used first on a teammate who has been initiated on, and then followed by Repel if needed.
Repel allows Omniknight to grant himself or a teammate spell immunity for a short period of time, while at the same time removing debuffs from them.
- Repel is a very powerful spell in that it can be cast on allies in the early game, when nobody on either team has enough gold to purchase a Black King Bar. Use this to your advantage to get off early ganks and win early teamfights by giving your teammates an advantage that they normally would not have.
- Due to its utility, at least one value point in Repel can be very strong in the laning stage. It can be used to escape enemy ganks and protect allies who are jumped on, foiling their kill attempts and greatly increasing the survivability of your lane.
- Even in the late game, Repel is a very strong ability, as it is capable of removing debuffs from allies prior to granting them spell immunity. Not only is it useful for giving spell immunity to a teammate who does not have a BKB, but it can shield allies who are caught and disabled before they can activate their BKB, preventing them from being chain-disabled by the enemy.
- One of the strongest aspects of Repel is that it not only has a 14 second cooldown, but does not decrease in potency over use. This allows it to be used much more frequently, and in all types of situations. Using Repel during a gank can allow a teammate to initiate without fear of being disabled and the target escaping, using it during an initiation can allow a teammate who has a BKB to save it for later or to extend the duration of spell immunity further, and using it during an escape can save a teammate whose BKB may be on cooldown, increasing their odds of survival.
- At maximum level, Repel lasts for 12 seconds and has a 14 second cooldown, meaning that you can give a teammate spell immunity more than 85% of the time. This can be useful in the late game when a Black King Bar has been reduced to its minimum duration of 5 seconds, and any Diffusal Blades that the enemy has purchased to counter you are out of charges.
- Remember that Repel can be cast on enemies, and removes dispellable buffs from them, so you can use it creatively. For example, it can be cast to remove the buff from Surge, or to prevent an enemy from being affected by an allied Song of the Siren so that you can focus them down while the rest of their team is disabled. However, keep in mind that this also prevents allied disables from working on the enemy, so be very careful about using it.
- Repel can also be cast on enemies to dispel buffs from runes, such as Double Damage and Haste runes.
Degen Aura is a low-radius slow aura that inhibits the movement and attack speed of Omniknight's foes.
- The greatest use for Degen Aura is as an enemy inhibitor, both when initiating on an enemy and escaping. The movement speed slow can prevent an enemy from easily running away, or stop them from easily chasing, and the attack speed slow can reduce the enemy's ability to use physical attacks to deal damage.
- In practice, Degen Aura can only be constantly utilized by directly engaging an enemy with Omniknight's attacks. While the debuff persists for 1 second after an enemy leaves its radius, the aura's small radius means that Omniknight must get very close to them in order to affect them with it.
- Despite its small numbers, Degen Aura's greatest strength is that the slow can be stacked with other slows, and Omniknight does not need to expend any mana or target enemies in order to inflict them with the debuff. This allows it to always be a factor in battles where Omniknight is present.
- When inflicting an enemy with Degen Aura, the most efficient way to slow them down is to get close enough to apply the debuff to them, and then walk ahead of them to body-block their path and apply any attack modifiers that may slow them further. In escapes this can prevent them from easily chasing a low-health ally, and in ganks it can stop the enemy from getting away.
Guardian Angel allows Omniknight to grant himself and all nearby allies temporary invulnerability to physical damage, rendering enemy attacks useless.
- Since it is one of the few abilities that grant immunity to physical damage, Guardian Angel can turn the tide of many battles. However, it also has a very long cooldown, so be sure to reserve it for the right occasion.
- Guardian Angel is very effective against any ability that deals physical damage; for example, it can be used to negate Omnislash or Exorcism.
- Combined with spell immunity, heroes can achieve full immunity towards physical and magical damage. Do not worry about casting it before your carries used their Black King Bar or other spell immunity granting spells, since they cannot dispel it.
- Because of his powerful spells, Omniknight can benefit greatly from building various items.
- Enchanted Mango is a situationally useful laning item to purchase on Omniknight, as his mana pool is very limited before he can purchase items to allow him to cast his spells. The passive HP regen gives him a measure of health sustain, and consuming it can give him enough mana to cast any of his spells at least one more time in a fight or gank if he runs out of mana.
- Orb of Venom is a useful early-game item to buy, as its slow stacks with that of Degen Aura, slowing a single target's movement speed by up to 46%.
- Urn of Shadows is a powerful support item that enhances Omniknight's ability to heal teammates and inflict pure damage. The item grants more strength, increasing Omniknight's HP and base damage, and some mana regen to help him manage his mana pool more efficiently. The active allows Omniknight to utilize yet another heal, or deal more pure damage in fights on top of Purification.
- Force Staff is a useful item on any support hero, and is no exception on Omniknight. Being able to re-position quickly can allow you to use your spells to greater effect, as you can get within range for casting Purification to deal 360 pure damage to enemies, or instantly apply Degen Aura to a fleeing enemy. As well, it can be cast on fleeing allies to save them from chasing enemies, further augmenting Omniknight's ability to save teammates who are in trouble. The extra intelligence is also useful for increasing the size of your mana pool.
- Blink Dagger provides many of the same positioning benefits as Force Staff, but has a greater range that allows for far easier initiations and escapes. Its lack of mana cost and lower cooldown allow Omniknight to become much more mobile, getting in position to cast his spells even when standing behind teammates.
- Glimmer Cape is a useful mid-game utility item that can give Omniknight more initiation, utility and protection capability, once he has mitigated his mana deficiency issues. Using the active on an ally can allow them to initiate or gank an enemy, as well as letting them get right next to an enemy to hit them with Purification. If a teammate is initiated on by the enemy, using the active on them can give them extra magic resistance and give them temporary invisibility. Finally, Repel can be used as a last-ditch measure to remove debuffs from an invisible ally, such as Dust of Appearance.
- Aether Lens is a strong utility item that boosts Omniknight's casting capabilities, and can be assembled more quickly by using the Energy Booster from a disassembled Arcane Boots. It provides HP regen that aids in Omniknight's survivability, and the increased cast range allows him to use Purification and Repel on allies from farther away, greatly increasing the survivability of his teammates.
- Eul's Scepter of Divinity is a good cheap support item that provides many uses. The extra intelligence and mana regeneration ensure that Omniknight almost always has the mana he needs to cast his spells, while the extra movement speed allows him to capitalize on Degen Aura more easily. The active ability can be used to hard-disable an enemy, something that Omniknight otherwise lacks, and then get within range to cast Purification to deal damage to them, or can be cast on yourself to dispel debuffs from yourself (such as silences which may be preventing you from casting your spells).
- Necronomicon provides Omniknight with many benefits and adds to his pushing and teamfight contribution. The bonus strength and intelligence increase his health and mana, making him more resilient and able to cast his spells, while the active ability allows him to contribute more strongly in teamfights, or provide True Sight once it is fully upgraded.
- Solar Crest is a situationally useful utility item on many support heroes, and synergizes with Omniknight's abilities as well. It gives scaling mana regen, more armor and evasion, greatly increasing Omniknight's survivability against physical damage. The active can transfer the armor and evasion bonuses to a teammate, protecting them even more on top of Purification and Repel, or used on an enemy to inflict them with reduced armor and a miss chance that stacks alongside Degen Aura to greatly reduce their ability to inflict physical damage.
- Pipe of Insight is useful for protecting Omniknight and his team against magical damage in a teamfight, thus ensuring that he can cast his spells to their utmost and apply Degen Aura to the enemy for longer. The active ability also synergizes with his ability to protect his teammates from harm.
- Lotus Orb is a strong utility item that allows Omniknight to greatly hinder enemies' attempts to focus down him or a teammate. The item's bonuses give Omniknight more armor and mana regen, increasing his durability and letting him cast his spells more frequently. Using Echo Shell on himself or a teammate in a fight allows him to use his enemies' disables and magic nukes against themselves, slowing the pace of a battle down and giving him more time to use his defensive spells.
- Crimson Guard is a good pickup for giving Omniknight more resistance against physical damage, as he is a melee hero who must get close to the enemy to apply Degen Aura's debuff to them. However, its main use is in the active, Guard, which gives damage block and armor to all nearby teammates, very useful if you need to give them survivability against physical damage while your ultimate is on cooldown or you want to save it for more important situations.
- Some parts of Omniknight's bio are a reference to the bible story of Daniel in the Lion's Pit. Daniel was thrown into the lion's den for praying to God and challenging Darius' command not to do so, but God prevented the lions from harming Daniel, saving his life. Similarly, Omniknight was to be thrown to the pit of sacrifice for challenging his priests but the Omniscience revealed itself, saving Purist.
- His response "Play I have gazed into the omniscience, and it has gazed into me." is a reference to German philosopher Nietzsche's quote "If you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you".
- His kill response "Play You chose poorly." and item purchase response "Play I chose wisely." are references to Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.
- Many of Omniknight's responses refer to the Bible or Christianity in general: Ie. confessing sins, having demons as nemeses, chastising Dazzle for using dark powers to heal, disliking Necronomicon (as its powers are demonic), using "omniscient" and "light" to describe his God, his death animation (with arms forming a cross, as a reference to the Crucifixion of Christ), etc. "Play A narrow path." refers to Matthew 7:14.
- Omniknight's nickname is "Chuck Norris", due to the similarities in appearance and the power of his abilities. As well, when he was first added to Dota 2 there was a bug that caused him to always say the voice line Play "Fear nothing!"
- Omniknight originally held and swung his hammer with one hand. This was changed after community feedback.
- Omniknight's battle begin line Play "The Omniscience may spare them, but I will not." is a reference to General Patton's quote "May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't."
March 24, 2016 Patch
- Added AoE targeting cursor to Purification.
February 17, 2016 Patch
- Updated Workshop Hero Files of Omniknight to Source 2.
November 18, 2014 Patch
- Fixed inverted logic with Repel on Pounce (it used to free enemies from the leash and not allies, now it does the opposite).
- Fixed Repel removing Disarm from enemies rather than allies (now it only removes it from allies and never from enemies).
- [Undocumented] Fixed Repel removing Curse of the Silent from enemies rather than allies (now it only removes it from allies and never from enemies).
October 02, 2014 Patch
- Fixed Repel having an inconsistent behavior compared to BKB when affected by Curse of the Silent, Pounce, Haste and Double Damage
November 21, 2013 Patch
- Changed color theme from blue to red.
- Updated hero icon.
July 18, 2013 Patch
- Fixed Guardian Angel not affecting siege units.
July 12, 2013 Patch
- Fixed his spells ( Repel, Degen Aura) not working on siege unit.
May 17, 2012 Patch
- Fixed Ethereal state and Guardian Angel blocking Ice Blast's shatter.
May 10, 2012 Patch
- Added healing overhead messages to Dazzle and Omniknight.
March 08, 2012 Patch
- Fixed Repel dispelling Ursa's Overpower.
February 16, 2012 Patch
- Fixed Repel causing Spirit Breaker to be unable to cancel his Charge of Darkness.
- [Undocumented] Added a new run animation for Omniknight.
- [Undocumented] Omniknight now holds and swings his hammer with both hands.
January 12, 2012 Patch
- Fixed Repel taking Shadow Blade invisibility buff off.
- Fixed Repel causing Burrowstrike to fail if used during the movement period
- Fixed Repel revealing Broodmother while under Spin Web.
December 01, 2011 Patch
- Fixed Repel/Purge stopping Battery Assault.
- Fixed Repel/Purge removing Ghostship allied buff.
- Fixed Repel/Purge removing various consumable buffs.
November 17, 2011 Patch
- Fixed Elder Dragon Form attack properties getting lost when he is Repeled/Purged.
- Fixed the following ability interactions with Repel/Purge: Inner Vitality, Weave, Moonlight Shadow, Overload, Holy Persuasion, Warcry, Shadow Word, Focus Fire, Shukuchi, Berserker's Call and Chilling Touch.
- Fixed Repel stopping Sand Storm.
- Fixed Omniknight and Dragon Knight legacy keys.
November 10, 2011 Patch
- Fixed Repel/Purge not removing Hex.
- Fixed being unable to cast Purification on siege units.
- Enabled Omniknight and Dragon Knight in Captain's Mode.
- Fixed Satyr Banisher's Purge not canceling Repel.
November 04, 2011 Patch
- Fixed Omniknight always saying Play "Fear Nothing!".
November 03, 2011 Patch
- Added Dragon Knight and Omniknight!
May 13, 2011 Patch
- Fixed a number of abilities having incorrect interaction with Linken's Sphere: Slithereen Crush, Jinada, Shadow Walk, Echo Slam, Moon Glaive, Death Pulse, Purification, Scream of Pain and Fatal Bonds.
- Increased attack range from 128 to 150.
- Degen Aura no longer pierces spell immunity.
- Reduced Purification cast point from 0.4 to 0.25.
- Reduced Degen Aura linger duration from 2 to 1.
- Reduced Purification cast point from 0.5 to 0.4.
- Guardian Angel no longer grants 25 health regeneration for its duration to all affected allies.
- Increased base armor from 2 to 3 (total armor is now 5.1)
- Increased Purification damage radius from 240 to 260.
- Increased movement speed slow from 7%/14%/21%/28% to 10%/18%/26%/34%.
- Increased attack speed slow from 7/14/21/28 to 10/18/26/34.
- Increased Purification damage radius from 225 to 240.
Repel no longer removes buffs on allies and debuffs on enemies.
- That means that Repel no longer removes Guardian Angel.
- Increased Guardian Angel duration from 5/6/7 to 6/7/8 ( 8/9/10).
- Increased Degen Aura linger duration from 1 to 2.
- Increased radius from 315 to 350.
- Increased stickiness from 0.5 to 1.
- Added Aghanim's Scepter upgrade for Omniknight: Increases Guardian Angel from 600 to radius to global and makes it affect buildings.
- Increased Purification cast range from 400/500/600/700 to 700 on each level.
- Increased Movement speed from 300 to 305.
- Reduced Purification cooldown from 12 to 10.
- Increased Degen Aura radius from 300 to 315.
- Increased collision size from 12 to 24.
- Reduced collision size from 24 to 12.
- Increased attack range from 100 to 128.
- Increased Purification cast range from 400 on each level to 400/500/600/700.
- Degen Aura no longer affects buildings.
- Degen Aura now also reduces attack speed 7/14/21/28.
- Increased movement speed from 295 to 300.
- Reduced duration from 5/10/15/20 to 6/8/10/12.
- Reduced cooldown from 20 to 14.
- Reduced mana cost from 60/70/80/90 to 50 on each level.
- Reduced movement speed from 300 to 295.
- Reduced radius from 900 to 600.
- Reduced duration from 5/7/9 to 5/6/7.
- Purification now applies the heal before applying the area damage.
- Changed Purification damage type from physical to pure.
- Increased base armor from 1 to 2 (total armor is now 4.1).
- Increased Guardian Angel mana cost from 125/150/200 to 125/175/250.
- Reduced base intelligence from 18 to 17.
- Reduced heal from 100/200/300/400 to 90/180/270/360.
- Increased damage from 75/150/225/300 to 90/180/270/360.
- Fixed some memory leak issues on Purification.
- Increased Repel cooldown from 12 to 20.
- Increased Guardian Angel mana cost from 75/100/140 to 125/150/200.
- Purification no longer damages wards.
- Reduced movement speed slow from 10%/20%/30%/40% to 7%/14%/21%/28%.
- Increased radius from 220 to 300.
- Guardian Angel now has a 75/100/140 mana cost.
Model and icons before November 21, 2013 Patch
- Omniknight responses
- Omniknight sounds