Outlook utilities that save you time
- Installation and Compatibility
- What operating systems are supported?
- What versions of Outlook are supported?
- Are Office 365 accounts supported?
- Does MessageSave work on Exchange Public Folders?
- Does MessageSave work with Outlook Web Access (OWA)?
- I don’t see any new buttons on the Outlook toolbar after installing MessageSave. Why?
- MessageSave has disappeared from my outlook. How do I get it back?
- Why does the MessageSave toolbar disappear after I restart Outlook?
- I am a licensed user. How do I get updates?
- I administer thousands of workstations. How do I easily deploy MessageSave to all of them?
- How do I enter my license key into MessageSave?
- How do I transfer my MessageSave license to a new computer?
- How many licenses do I need?
- How do I save all messages from Inbox and all subfolders?
- How do I search in the files saved with MessageSave?
- Can I preview MSG files directly in Windows Explorer?
- Does MessageSave save attachments along with the messages?
- How do I quickly see which MSG files have attachments?
- How do I use QuickJump to select destination folder in MessageSave?
- Can MessageSave copy destination folder path to the clipboard after saving messages?
- Can I use environment variables in the destination folder path?
- How can MessageSave help me migrate email messages, Contacts and Calendar to Mac Apple Mail or Entourage?
- Can MessageSave save digitally signed or encrypted messages?
- I created a rule with MessageSave custom action, but it doesn’t work. Why?
- Messages older than one year are not been saved. Why?
- MBOX Format and Exporting to Mac
- Can MessageSave be used to transfer email for Outlook for Mac to Apple Mail?
- How do I import an MBOX file into Apple Mail?
- How do I import an MBOX file into Outlook 2011 for Mac?
- How do I import an MBOX file into Mac Enoutrage?
- After importing MBOX file into Entourage, timestamps are showing the import time, not message time.
- Why do I not see MBOX option in the MesageSave Format drop-down?
Installation and Compatibility
What operating systems are supported?
MessageSave for Microsoft Outlook runs on Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 2008 R2, 2012 R2 with the latest Service Pack.
Are Office 365 accounts supported?
Does MessageSave work on Exchange Public Folders?
Yes, MessageSave works on messages in Public Folders. It can also be used on messages in Exchange mailboxes and Personal Folders (PST).
How do I enter my license key into MessageSave?
Follow instructions in your “license information” email. It will point you to the “Enter License Key” command, located under:
- Outlook 2010 or newer: MessageSave Ribbon dropdown. (Click on the lower part of the MessageSave button, which looks like a small triangle).
- Outlook 2007 or older: Tools->MessageSave->Enter License Key menu in the main Outlook window.
Note: Instructions for older versions of MessageSave are different. Please see your license information email for details.
How do I transfer my MessageSave license to a new computer?
Please see this section of the User Guide. Be sure to save your license key email in a safe place.
How many licenses do I need?
You need one license for each computer where you install the product. If multiple users use the same computer (not at the same time), you only need one license for that computer, unless it is a shared server environment, such as Terminal Server, Citrix, etc. In that case, you need a license for each user who has an ability to run the product on that server. (Named user license, rather than concurrent license).
MBOX Format and Exporting to Mac
The questions below apply only to customers who use MessageSave to transfer Outlook Email, Contacts and Calendar to Apple Mac.
How do I import an MBOX file into Mac Enoutrage?
To import an mbox file into Entourage, simply drag and drop it onto the Entourage Inbox (in the Entourage folder list). After that, you should see a small triangle to the left of the Inbox. Click on it to display the newly imported folder(s). More details on importing MBOX files into Entourage.
Why do I not see MBOX option in the MesageSave Format drop-down?
You must be running Outlook 2000. The MBOX option is only available when MessageSave is used with Outlook 2002 or newer.
© Copyright 2016, TechHit.